FRENCH FOR FRENCH NATIONALITY will help prepare you for the exam portion of your application for French citizenship. The course covers both language skills as well as the cultural and civic knowledge necessary to pass the exam.
To become a French citizen, you will need to pass a B1 language test called TCF-ANF (French Knowledge Test for Access to French Nationality).
There are two parts:
• Oral comprehension test of 30 questions that lasts 30 minutes
• French oral test of 6 questions that lasts 15 minutes.
This class will help you to:
• File your request for French citizenship (a more detailed and demanding process than a typical carte de séjour renewal)
• Prepare for the two oral tests
• Develop your cultural and historical French knowledge
• Prepare for the oral interview you’ll be having with an employee of the French prefecture
To get the greatest benefit from this class, students should be at or above the B1 level before enrolling. A score of 16 or higher on the French placement test will ensure you are ready for the course.
This course will be online. Details on joining the course will be emailed to you before the start of the class.
About the Instructor: Audrey Charmont has a Masters in Marketing and Communications as well as a DAEFLE (French as a Foreign Language). She has French teaching experience in France and abroad. For the past thirteen years, she has built a business that focuses on both classroom teaching and private lessons.
Special Instructions: Before registering for the program you may want to check if the level is right for you using the French Placement Test. We recommend that you take this assessment once, without assistance or study aids.
Photo Credit: Nancy Cooper