Wednesdays, 9, 16, 23, 30 March, and 6, 13 April 2016 (6 sessions)
10:00am - 12:30pm
Pro-rata option also available: €48 per session
This class meets weekly in Jan Olsson’s Paris art studio. It is designed for:
- Beginners who would like to learn to draw, but find it hard to start
- Those with experience who wish to refresh their drawing skills
- Anyone wishing to enhance their perceptual skills
- Students who desire the structure and inspiration of weekly sessions
- Those who would benefit from the guidance of an experienced teacher
- Those who enjoy practicing in a group
When you draw you learn to see. The world unfolds before your eyes, one page and one mark at a time. In this drawing studio, every experience is as fun as it is challenging. Through attentive observation, engaged imagination, and practical study from samples of contemporary and traditional artist’s drawings, students learn a wide variety of approaches and techniques. These include:
- Line drawings in pencil or pen from botanical subjects
- Rendering light and shadow in charcoal
- Creating depth and volume with pen and ink wash
- Composing a composition from a still life or photograph
- Creating texture with combined media
- Drawing with colored pencils and chalk pastels
- Figure drawing and portraiture from a live model
Click here to see samples of Jan's student's work.
This class is suitable for all levels. Specialty papers and drawing ink are provided. A supply list and addresses of Paris art supply stores will be provided at the first class meeting. The date for the class utilizing a model will be provided at the first class meeting as well.
About the InstructorImage credit: Jan Olsson
Jan Olsson holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in Drawing. Since her tenure at Mary Baldwin College in Virginia, Jan has specialized in continuing studio arts education for adults. Visit her professional website and teaching blog.