Would you like to develop a new project, but don’t know how? Or do you need feedback on something you’ve been working on? Explore new ideas to tell personal stories with your photographs and develop your own photographic voice through assignments personalized to your individual project. Through an analyse and critic on your images, you’ll learn how to create a personal work as well as the elements needed to tell strong and effective stories.
This course is aimed at photo enthusiasts who want to develop their artistic sensitivity and find their voice in creative photography though the development of a personal project.
During the workshop, you will study the photographic narrative, concept, style, themes, and purpose of your personal work. We will analyze your own images and we will also look at work by others photographers to gain insight into creative storytelling, including new trends in contemporary photography, without forgetting about the great photography masters. Be ready to develop your own photography personal project !
Students can expect to:
- Get the necessary tools to develop your personal project
- Learn about post-production process and how to prepare the file for printing
- Learn about printing and framing process
- Visit to a professional photography laboratory and a photography exhibition
- Get hands-on experience though practical and creative assignments
- Your tutor will guide you and will be with you to answer every technical question
- Participate in a friendly feedback and review sessions of your pictures
- Suitable for all levels of photographer
Location: Location will be communicated 24 hours before the date of the class.
About the Instructor: Juan Manuel Abellán is a professional fine art photographer and photography tutor based in Paris since 2007. He graduated in Advertising and Visual Arts and holds a Master in Art, philosophy and aesthetics, specialized in Photography and Contemporary Art. He has worked with the agency Magnum Photo and exhibited his work in several exhibitions, including at the Centre Georges Pompidou. Passionate about photography, Juan Manuel works as a freelance photographer with a specialization in portrait, reportage and fine art photography. He is also an experimented leader of photography adventure tours around the world. You can check out his Instagram account and blog website here.
Photo Credit: Juan Manuel Abellán