If you enjoy everyday life stories, ordinary people, and still life, this workshop is for you. We are surrounded by beauty at every instant, and you will learn how to capture these moments and transform them into poetic images.
You will learn to be aware of your surroundings and keep a lookout for moments while walking on the street, through a market, or in a crowd during a day of national celebration. You will train your eye while learning about the photos of great masters, such as Robert Doisneau, Saul Leiter and Martin Parr.
Students can expect to:
- Learn about composition in photography
- Develop observational skills to catch a moment in a photograph
- Acquire hands-on experience through practical assignments.
- Participate in a friendly critique of their work
- Suitable for all levels and all kinds of digital cameras.
Your instructor, Juan Manuel Abellán graduated in Advertising and Visual Arts and holds a Master in Art, philosophy and aesthetics. He has worked with the agency Magnum Photo and exhibited his work in several exhibitions, including at the Centre Georges Pompidou. Passionate about photography, Juan Manuel works as a freelance photographer with a specialization in portrait, dance and fine art photography. (Photo credit: Juan Manuel Abella)
July 6, 2019 // 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM