WICE Membership Policy
- WICE paid event or course participants must in most cases be Members of WICE at the time of registration and throughout the duration of a course. Note there may be exceptions, which will be noted in the event description. If in doubt, please contact the WICE Office
- WICE Membership is not transferable or refundable;
- WICE Membership is valid for the Membership period starting from the payment receipt date.
A WICE Membership Card will be sent within ten business days of payment receipt for Membership of 3 months or longer. The Membership Card can be used to take advantage of Membership Benefits and discounts.
Event or Course Registration & Payment
Registration as a WICE Member is required for all attendees of WICE paid events or courses. See event description for exceptions. Event or course registration and payment should be completed as early as possible to secure your place. A minimum of two weeks prior to the starting date is suggested. Popular courses may become full weeks in advance of the start date.
Registration and Payment (in euros)
- WICE website www.wice-paris.org (recommended): Create an account using a valid email address. Log into WICE and select a registration. Pay with secure PayPal. A PayPal account is not required to pay by credit card.
- Telephone - Call our Office (01 45 66 75 50) to provide event and Membership information, and pay by credit card, check, or cash.
- In Person - Register with the Office Manager at WICE, 10 rue Tiphaine, 75015 Paris. Payments may be made by check, cash, or credit card.
- Confirmation - Once payment is received, course confirmation and relevant details will be sent via email.
Payment for WICE Membership or event registration is due within 10 days of registration.
If course registration is made less than 10 days before classes begin, immediate payment is required. If payment is not received you will be placed on the waitlist to make space for paying members.
If payment is not received 5 days before the event starts, your registration may be canceled.
In the event you have overpaid or have a credit on your account, please contact the WICE Office to claim your preference:
1) carry the overpayment until July 1st of the same year,
2) use the overpayment to settle a new registration,
3) extend membership,
4) donate the overpayment to WICE, or
5) claim a refund in line with WICE refund policy.
Accounting Memo: Approved course refunds will be issued to active members, upon written request, before July 1st of the calendar year in which the initial payment was made. If not advised to refund the credit, WICE will apply the appropriate amount to extended membership, and the remainder will be deposited as a non-refundable donation.
WICE courses are limited to a specific number of participants. Unless otherwise indicated, you can enroll in and pay for a course at the last minute if there is space available.
Please do not arrive for a course without registering and paying beforehand. Instructors do not accept course payments.
Event Waiting List
If a course is fully subscribed, we encourage you to register anyway. You will be automatically placed on the Wait-List and receive a wait-list confirmation. No payment is required for the Wait- List. Alternatively, Members can call the Office to request that they be added to a Wait-List.
If a place becomes available, the first person in line on the Wait-List will be notified, and given the opportunity to register and pay. Sometimes if there are several Members on a Wait-List, a new course could be added at a future date.
Class Schedule & Attendance
A registration confirmation will be sent to registrants by email. It will include useful details such as, meeting points, preparation and what items to bring. Admission fees for museum visits or tours may be required and will be noted.
WICE reserves the right to change the time, date or location of a course. WICE may cancel the event if it is under-enrolled, or for other valid reasons. We will notify registrants of any changes. In the case of cancellation by WICE and no substitute course is offered, WICE will issue credits or refunds. WICE tries to reschedule canceled courses if there is adequate interest, giving priority to those who originally registered.
WICE Closure due to Incidents Beyond Control
WICE normally stays open and holds classes during external events such as inclement weather, strikes or transportation outages. Unless you are otherwise notified, assume that a scheduled course is proceeding as scheduled. Contact WICE to confirm if you are in doubt.
Paid Event CancellationWICE courses are of several types
- Single session: only one meeting
- Multi-session: several meetings payable as an integral series
- Flexible multi-session: several meetings payable on an individual meeting basis*
>IF YOU CANCEL
|Seven days or more before course start
A credit or refund for the course value
(less a 5€ processing fee).
|less than seven days before course start
A credit or refund for the course value
(less a 5€ processing fee)
ONLY if a replacement person is found
|>IF WICE CANCELS
||>YOU RECEIVE: a credit or refund for the value of the course
- All credits are valid six months
- WICE “cancellation” is defined as when a course is withdrawn and not rescheduled
Website Terms and Conditions