Would you like to master all the parameters of your camera so that your creativity wont have limits?
Get away from the simple choice of shooting in automatic mode by mastering when to use the manual settings. In these workshops, you will learn all the techniques that you need to finally get familiar with your camera while developing your visual creativity.
Each session is located in a different area of Paris, so students will not only explore some highlights of the city, but a few “off the beaten path” places as well!
The workshops start with a brief "lesson of the day". After this brief, we will explore the area while we practice our photography assignments. A final review of your images will follow in a friendly feedback session where we will discuss and analyze your images.
This in-depth course explores the manual mode factors of ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. You'll analyze the interaction among them and learn when to apply the manual mode settings.
Students can expect to:
• Learn about the manual mode settings and get familiar with their camera
• Learn about exposure, ISO, aperture, shutter speeds, and how to tackle challenging light situations
• Learn about composition, colour and black and white techniques
• Develop their visual creativity
• The instructor will guide them and be on hand to answer technical questions
• Get hands-on experience though practical and creative assignments
• Participate in a friendly feedback and review session of the photos taken during the class.
• All sanitary measures will be respected
• Suitable for all levels
• Suitable for all kind of cameras that have access to Manual ISO, shutter speed, and aperture settings
photo credit: Juan Manuel Abellán
Juan Manuel Abellán is a professional fine art photographer and photography tutor based in Paris since 2007. He graduated in Advertising and Visual Arts and holds a Master in Art, philosophy and aesthetics, specialized in Photography and Contemporary Art. He has worked with the agency Magnum Photo and exhibited his work in several exhibitions, including at the Centre Georges Pompidou. Passionate about photography, Juan Manuel works as a freelance photographer with a specialization in portrait, reportage and fine art photography. He is also an experimented leader of photography adventure tours around the world.
He looks forward to sharing his secrets with WICE members!