WICE is one of the oldest Anglophone organizations in Paris. For more than 35 years, this non-profit association has been offering cultural and educational programs to the international and expat community in Paris. Day-to-day operations are supported by a dedicated group of volunteers, diverse in age and nationality.
- Varied classes and cultural activities for Anglophones in Paris;
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Opportunities to acquire and maintain marketable skills through P;aris classes and volunteer activities;
- Programs and resources to ease the transition into life in France.
A bit of history
WICE was founded in 1978 by a small group of expats to meet the intellectual,
professional, and self-development needs of the English-speaking community of Paris.
Originally affiliated with the American University of Paris, WICE grew quickly,
welcoming men and women including permanent residents and short-term visitors to Paris.
WICE's notable achievements over the past few decades have included:
- The internationally known Paris Writers Workshop (24 years of bringing celebrated writers together to discuss the craft, challenges and power of writing);
- Publication of Upstairs at Duroc, an international literary and arts journal that promotes innovative English language writing from the Paris area and around the world;
- Women on the Move (WICE served as a co-host for this conference on professional relocation for geographically mobile women);
- Money Matters for Women Conférences;
- WICE World Watch (discussions of global issues), in partnership with the American Library of Paris;
- Writers on Writing (informal conversations with celebrated authors), in partnership with the American Library of Paris;
- Publication of Paris Health Care Resources, a guide to the French healthcare system.